SLB and Norwegian firm finalize joint venture to accelerate carbon capture technologies

SLB would pay approximately $379.4 million to acquire 80% of Aker Carbon Capture Holding.
Share on social networks
Las tecnologías de captura de carbono

Oilfield services company SLB and Norwegian carbon capture firm Aker Carbon Capture (ACC) have finalized their previously announced joint venture. As part of this agreement, ACC sold 80% of its shares in Aker Carbon Capture Holding (ACCH) to a subsidiary of SLB.

Financing carbon sequestration technologies

According to reports, SLB would pay approximately $379.4 million to acquire 80% of ACCH, which owns the ACC business. In addition, the company will contribute its carbon capture business to the new combined entity, while ACC will hold the remaining 20% of ACCH’s shares.

Based in Oslo, Norway, this new joint venture merges technology portfolios, expertise and operating platforms to promote the accelerated adoption of carbon capture in industrial decarbonization. The advanced amine-based technologies ACC’s advanced amine-based technologies, such as Just Catch and Big Catch modular plants, and Just Catch Offshore for offshore gas turbines, will be integrated with SLB’s technology solutions, which include non-aqueous solvents and emerging sorbent-based technologies.

New project management

As a result of the transaction, Egil A. Fagerland will step down from his current position as CEO of ACC to assume the role of CEO of the joint venture. Idun Heier has been appointed as the new CFO, while Valborg Lundegaard has been appointed as the new CEO of ACC. Lundegaard, who served as executive director from 2020 to 2023, will assume her new position as a senior advisor.

Un pequeno dron solar volo durante una hora seguida
Descubren una cueva subterranea en la Luna que puede albergar una base para humanos
%C2%A1Al estilo Dune Cientificos crean traje espacial que convierte la orina en agua potable
Hyundai y LG Energy crearon una planta de celdas de bateria en Indonesia
Crean pequeno actuador blando robotico que imita los musculos humanos
A small solar drone flew for an hour straight
Subway cave discovered on the Moon that may house a base for humans
Dune style! Scientists create spacesuit that converts urine into drinking water
Hyundai and LG Energy set up battery cell plant in Indonesia
Small robotic soft actuator that mimics human muscles created
PlayPause
previous arrowprevious arrow
next arrownext arrow
 

Fagerland commented on the transaction saying, “There is nothing business as usual about the drive towards net zero: we will accelerate decarbonization today and commercialize innovative technologies for the future.” He also emphasized the company’s pride in its carbon capture plants, noting that each customer is a major leader in its segment and that successful project deliveries are paving the way for other emitters to follow suit.

Follow us on social networks and don’t miss any of our publications!

YouTube LinkedIn Facebook Instagram X

Source and photo: SLB

Share this news on your social networks
Rate this post
1 star2 stars3 stars4 stars5 stars (No rating yet)
loading spinnerLoading...